Monday, October 12, 2009

The City of Brotherly Love

It's taking a while to get blog posts up highlighting our trip home. . .life is so full but good. Our home renovations are coming along, with the bulk of the planned work done. . .now it's just finding the time to unpack the kitchen and find a home for everything. It seems that my days are just filled with daily life things and so I've kind of set a goal to unpack 5 items a day. . .not 5 boxes, but 5 items. . .now that seems manageable (most days!). Anyway, here is another highlight from my time home. My sister and brother-in-law made several trips out to my parents to spend time with us while we were home, but the kids, my Mom and I also went to Philadelphia for a day to visit them. Most folks dread driving the Schuylkill Expressway into Philadelphia (and if I had to do it everyday, I might too), but for me it just brings back fond memories of my college days in Philadelphia. While there we hiked in Wissahickon Park and finished off the hike with of course. . .Philly Cheesesteaks. Yum! It was also so fun just to relax in their home and enjoy Lynn's awesome chicken pie for dinner. Thanks for having us Lynn, Nate and Abigail!

IMG_0507.JPG

No comments: