Thursday, April 13, 2006

the dream project

When I was a child I had a dream that I was walking through my parents woods. Suddenly, a giant thorny bush emerged on the path I was walking. Women's arms reached out of the bush and grabbed me from behind. Someone called to me in the distance (perhaps my mother). Clouds began to darken the sky. And I awoke.

My friend Vince is terrified of birds. Especially dead ones. One night he had a dream that he was visiting his aunt. On their way, they stopped at a park to play. His parents and brother got out of the car and began running, looking back and calling Vince to get of the car and follow. But Vince couldn’t move for the fear that gripped him. He lay in a jumbled mass in the back seat, petrified. You see, as Vince’s family trounced gleefully through the pretty park, they were treading on dead birds. Dead birds that covered all the ground in the park. Piles and piles of them. All the same, his family delightfully ran on.

What is the worst dream you've had (or the best)? Drop a post or drop me an e-mail.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt! It's been a thousand years. I miss you and Kelli! Anyways...when I was little, I used to have a recurring nightmare. It doesn't actually sound that scary, but it terrified me. I dreamt that I was at the carnival, and I went up into that thing where you climb the net and crawl through the tunnels and then slide down a slide and land in a big bin of plastic balls. So, I'd climb, and crawl, and then sliiiiiide down, only I slid all the way down into a dark scary basement and landed into a giant pot where a witch wanted to eat me. She never ate me before I woke up, though. I seriously had it at least once a week for years. It scared the crap out of me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt! It's Eliza, you know...the Becker!
Well, I will tell you my best dream. This is going to sound really lame.
In my dream our family was just hanging around the house when we hear the doorbell ring. I go to answer it, and wouldn't you know it, it's Bono! He tells me he's giving out free ipods!
So that's basically my dream. And no, Bono and ipods are not all I think about.
bye,
Eliza

Anonymous said...

Interesting article. Write something else. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

soglasen s vami ochen\' zaebatyj blog!

Anonymous said...

ery interesting blog, you say. I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I read this article! Big thanks to author, very interesting. Write more.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work. It very impressive. Enjoyed the visit!