Tuesday, April 18, 2006

8 nightmares

As a young child, I was so scared of being abandoned. My dream was that
we were visiting D.C. We were at the Lincoln Memorial or the Capital
building (which ever has a lot of steps). On our way up the steps I
would trip. When I go up to gather myself, nobody I knew was around. I
remember vividly that there was a lot of people walking by me but no one
was willing to help. I remember myself panicing inside but was not able
to scream... I was the most helpless feeling ever.
Moon Phong

when I was little, I used to have a recurring nightmare. It doesn't actually sound that scary, but it terrified me. I dreamt that I was at the carnival, and I went up into that thing where you climb the net and crawl through the tunnels and then slide down a slide and land in a big bin of plastic balls. So, I'd climb, and crawl, and then sliiiiiide down, only I slid all the way down into a dark scary basement and landed into a giant pot where a witch wanted to eat me. She never ate me before I woke up, though. I seriously had it at least once a week for years. It scared the crap out of me.
Ashley Homans

Then, there was last night.... I dreamt I was back in Europe. I was
actually out walking on the tarmac at the airport and my bags popped open.
As I was bent over scooping stuff back in, my trip paperwork caught my eye. I realized that I had screwed up my days and was at the airport an entireday late. I was mortified, convinced I was trapped now in Europe since I missed my flight and soooooo angry at myself that I could have made such a huge mistake. I was grateful to wake up in bed on that one. Weird stuff, dreams.
John Seilback

I was walking down a dirt road way back in the woods by myself. There was nothing around including no houses. I heard a noise behind me and I turned around and there was a strange man running after me. I ran as hard and fast as I could. He had a glass bottle and when he got close to me, he broke the bottle on a stone. He held the bottle in his hand and cut the top of my head open in an "X" across the top of my head. I actually could feel the warm blood run down my face from my skull. When it reached my eyes, everything went black and I dropped to the ground and I woke up after that feeling my head. I really thought it had happened.
Deanna Knoppel

I have a recurring dream about showing up for a performance where I
have a substantial role, but I realize I haven't been to any of the
rehearsals. Often I am naked in this dream as I make my way through
the staring cast members back stage toward the curtain, where I know my
shame and embarrassment will be complete. Most of all I hope to avoid
my director, who I know will be profoundly disappointed in me. I want
to avoid the inevitability of the event, but I know that avoidance is
impossible.
The Performer

Well, I will tell you my best dream. This is going to sound really lame.
In my dream our family was just hanging around the house when we hear the doorbell ring. I go to answer it, and wouldn't you know it, it's Bono! He tells me he's giving out free ipods!
Eliza Becker

My worst dream was a recurring one I had when I was little. I used to dream that I was at a formal ball, like the one in Sound of Music. It was a huge room with a spiral staircase and balcony in the back. All of a sudden the front doors would burst open and lots of alligators, with teeth snarled and eyes glared, came charging in. Everyone ran up the stairs, but of course, I could only run in slow motion. Everyone was yelling and urging me to run, but no matter how I tried, I could not get out of slow motion. I was terrified. The alligators were nipping at my heels.......................the end.
I'm glad they never ate me before that dream was over:-))
Anonymous

I frequently dream that I'm talking with animals. It's not at all novel when it's happening. We just speak, yet they remain animals. It's usually domesticated dogs, seals, things with fur that I have to bend down to a bit.
One time Lucky, my friend Neil's dog, looked up at me and said with tilted head and longing eyes, "Little." She was referring to a picture of a chicken I had placed before her eyes. Neil's daughter told me that only pictures of chickens could calm Lucky down when she was spastic. Evidently, my chicken wasn't good enough.
I believe we were created to talk with the animals.
Tom Becker

No comments: