Saturday, August 06, 2011

Summer 2011 Vacation - Part 1

The kids and I (Kelli) flew home to PA in July to spend a week at my parents. Each morning we started the day with breakfast on their wonderful front porch while watching the array of birds that come to my Mom's bird feeders.

Maia and Caden getting ready to help Nani fill the birdfeeders.

Storytime with Nani, and yes, once again we are on the front porch.

Maia and her baby praying mantis.

Of course every trip to Nani and Pop-Pop's wouldn't be complete without some rides on the 4 wheeler.

Maia and Caden enjoying the tractor and wagon that my brother, sister and I enjoyed as kids.

Enjoying a funnel cake at the Kutztown folk festival.

Yes, that is mule-power! Only in Pennsylvania Dutch country!

4th of July Parade with Nani and Pop-Pop!

Maia and Caden with their boats that Nani and Pop-Pop made for them to race down the stream.

Caden hauling the necessary condiments to the fire ring where we had a little cookout.

Maia hauling some of the other needed things for our cookout.

The kids and I visited my dear friend Lori in Lancaster. Our two oldest were born 2 days apart and we even overlapped in the hospital for a few hours.

Joyful reunion with dear Daddy who we really missed!

No comments: