Friday, October 22, 2010

Bookworm

IMG_2165.JPG

This girl loves books! A few weeks ago Caden and I went on our weekly trip to the library while Maia was at school. When she got home from school and found a new bag of library books in her room she didn't even bother to take off her back pack but just sat there for almost an hour looking through every last book. I always loved going to the library as a kid and can still remember the cream colored plastic mesh bags we would fill up and carry up to the check out counter. I can also still hear that familar thud that the librarian's card stamper would make as she dipped each card into the machine to let us know when each book was due back. I think we have been making weekly trips to the library since Maia was about 2 years old and now Caden has learned to look forward to our weekly trips as well. I wonder what little things they will remember about our library trips when they are in their 30's?

1 comment:

Emily M. said...

How great! =)