Thursday, August 16, 2007

old man with round glasses

I went to Target and Trader Joe's with my family today. As Kelli and I climbed in our Jeep and readied to leave, I noticed an older man in a suit pushing his Trader Joe's cart towards us. He was a friendly looking man with round glasses and a top hat, his cheery face wrapped in an invitation to conversation. His face seemed frozen in a comfortable smile, an unmistakable bounce an integral part of his walk. Instinctively, I raised my hand to wave. Kelli almost immediately did the same.

As we pulled away, I paused."I just completely waved at that man like I knew him..."

"Oh my gosh, I did too!" Kelli responded with her trademark delight in the little things of life...

"Perhaps," I offered, "we just had an encounter with a shaven, haircut, summer Santa..."

No comments: