Wednesday, August 02, 2006

what's in a name...

the name "a bit of earth" comes from one of my favorite plays, "The Secret Garden". at one point the main character, Mary Lennox, asks for some land to garden. she inquires, "please sir, may i have a bit of earth?". i chose it as a title for my blog for two reaasons: one, i love the outdoors and two, i desire to use my words to help others obtain a different perspective on the world around them.

on a different note, i recently received another great post from our anonymous writer. if you'll all indulge me a bit; i have a quick question for him/her. do you wish to remain an anonymous writer on this blog? if so, i'm fine with that. however, i'm curious if you might at least share with the rest of us a reason (or reasons) for your anonymity. you have me terribly curious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you knowing who I am would do nothing but disinterest you, if anything.

What is said is more important than who is saying it, Christ being the Word incarnate and all.

Further, it saves me from temptingly wrongful motives.

Then, again, I might just be too close for comfort. Right?

Andrew Simone said...

The man has a point, knowing would destroy the mystery.

Anonymous said...

It would not destroy any mystery at all.....that is crazy. This is someone that knows Matt, and obviously doesn't want to be known!